Recruitment Notification Highlights
- 1 Latest 17th May 2017 Current Affairs
- 1.1 Bengal Government Makes Bengali Mandatory in Schools
- 1.2 Now ICICI Bank, HDFC to Cut Home Loan Rates to 8.40%
- 1.3 Emmanuel Macron Picks Center right Edouard Philippe as PM
- 1.4 To Strengthen Security, railways to Install CCTV Cameras Over 900 Stations
- 1.5 Suresh Raina Launches Foundation Dedicated to Wellness of Mother and Child
- 1.6 FICCI Survey: India’s GDP Growth to be around 7.4 Percent in 2017-2018
- 1.7 HDFC Life links distribution tied-up With Catholic Syrian Bank
- 1.8 Latest 17th May 2017 International News
- 1.9 Today’s Sports News
Latest 17th May 2017 Current Affairs
Check Latest 17th May 2017 Current Affairs from the below section. Having knowledge in current affairs is very important nowadays. On this page, competitors can check important news about Education, Sports, Awareness, News, Science and Technology, Indian and International Affairs. Candidates can keep in touch with our website www.recruitmentsyllabus.com for more latest information about current affairs. Current Affairs is very helpful for the aspirants who are participating in any competitive exams. Practice day to day daily GK current affairs quiz to score well in SSC, Bank and other exams.
Bengal Government Makes Bengali Mandatory in Schools
The Education Minister Partha Chatterjee has announced the latest news in the press meet that was to make Bengali mandatory in all schools including private English medium schools. The three language policy will ensure the mother tongue, regional language, and an international language are given equal importance, he said.
Now ICICI Bank, HDFC to Cut Home Loan Rates to 8.40%
ICICI Bank has reduced home loan rates for loans up to Rs 30 lakh or loans which are classified in the affordable housing category by 30 basis points. One basis point is 0.01 percentage point. With this reduction, salaried borrowers will get home loans up to Rs 30 lakh at 8.40% while women borrowers will pay 8.35% interest.
Emmanuel Macron Picks Center right Edouard Philippe as PM
On Monday France’s centrist president, Emmanuel Macron has appointed a prime minister from the right to lead his bid for a parliamentary majority in June’s elections and push through his plans to loosen strict labor laws.
To Strengthen Security, railways to Install CCTV Cameras Over 900 Stations
To install 19,000 CCTV Cameras over 900 stations under the Nirbhaya Fund Indian railways had allotted Rs. 500 grocers to provide security.
Suresh Raina Launches Foundation Dedicated to Wellness of Mother and Child
On 15th May 2017, Suresh Raina and wife Priyanka have announced the launch of Gracia Raina Foundation, named after their daughter, that is aimed at helping underprivileged mothers in the country. The couple made the announcement on their daughter Gracia Raina’s birthday.
FICCI Survey: India’s GDP Growth to be around 7.4 Percent in 2017-2018
In a survey conducted during March and April 2017, industry chamber Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) predicted India’s gross domestic product (GDP) growth will be around 7.4 percent for fiscal 2017-18, with a minimum and maximum level of 7 per cent and 7.6 per cent respectively.
HDFC life has entered into a bancassurance tie-up with Catholic Syrian Bank to distribute life insurance products to the private lender’s customers.
Latest 17th May 2017 International News
- For the first time, Portugal wins Eurovision 2017 song contest.
- Palestine president arrives on 4-day visit to India
- Yemen declares a state of emergency over cholera outbreak.
- China and Pakistan sign six pacts to boost cooperation.
Today’s Sports News
- India Win 1 gold, 5 silver and 4 bronze in Asian Wrestling Championship.
- Women’s India Team Members Deepti Sharma and Poonam Raut Sets New record in One-Day Internationals.
Ramit Tandon Wins Maiden PSA Title
- Madrid Open: To win the fifth title Rafael Nadal Beats Dominic Thiem.