Recruitment Notification Highlights
- 1 GATE Admit Card 2017:
- 1.1 About GATE:
- 1.2 Details About GATE Admit Card 2017:
- 1.3 GATE 2017 Admit Card / Hall Ticket contains following details:
- 1.4 GATE Exam Pattern:
- 1.5 GATE Score:
- 1.6 Types of Questions in GATE 2017:
- 1.7 Selection Proces For GATE:
- 1.8 Age Limit For GATE:
- 1.9 GATE 2017 percentage required:
- 1.10 GATE 2017 Exam Eligibility Criteria:
- 1.11 Points To Be Noted For GATE:
- 1.12 Steps to Download GATE 2017 Admit Card Online:
GATE Admit Card 2017:
The Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee has just revealed the GATE Admit Card 2017. GATE exam is being held by Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee. Applicants who have registered for GATE exam those candidates will be the grant for the exam. Th board has decided to conduct the exam on first and second Saturdays and Sundays of February 2017. Aspirants whose application form was rejected by authority those candidates are not eligible to attend the GATE exam.
Admit cards will be accessible online to download till 12th February 2017. Candidates should bring a valid identity proof along with the admit card to the examination center.Identification proof like Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar UID, Valid College ID, Employee identification card or Driving License. Check the below article for more information like selection process, age limit, Application fee etc.
GATE Admit Card: The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all-India examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and science. GATE is conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, and Roorkee) on behalf of the National Coordination Board – GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD), Government of India. The GATE score of a candidate reflects the relative performance level of a candidate. The score is used for admissions to various post-graduate education programs (e.g. Master of Engineering, Master of Technology, Doctor of Philosophy) in Indian higher education institutes, with financial assistance provided by MHRD and other government agencies. Recently, GATE scores are also being used by several Indian public sector undertakings (i.e., government-owned companies) for recruiting graduate engineers in entry-level positions. It is one of the most competitive examinations in India. Based on the success story of IITs all over the world, GATE is also recognized by various international institutes such as Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
Details About GATE Admit Card 2017:
|Organization Name||Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee|
|Examination Name||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2017|
|Name of The Programs||Post-Graduate (M.E./M.Tech/ Direct Ph.D & more)|
|Official Website||appsgate.iitr.ac.in / www.gate.iitr.ernet.in|
GATE 2017 Admit Card / Hall Ticket contains following details:
- Registration number
- Name of the candidate,
- Exam paper
- Exam Center along with code and address
- Examination date and time
- Photograph & Signature
- Instruction to be followed for the Exam.
GATE Exam Pattern:
- The GATE 2017 exam will consist of a single paper of 3-hour duration that contains 65 questions carrying a maximum of 100 marks.
- The GATE 2017 question paper will consist of both multiple choice questions (MCQ) and numerical answer type (NAT) questions.
- The Tests for all the papers will be carried out in an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT) mode where the candidates will be shown the questions in a random sequence on a computer screen.
- Candidates are required to select the answer (for MCQ type) and enter the answer for numerical answer type question using a mouse on a virtual keyboard (keyboard of the computer will be disabled).
- Each candidate will be provided with a scribble pad for rough work. The scribble pad has to be returned after the examination.
- At the end of the 3-hour window, the computer will automatically close the screen from further actions.
After the evaluation of the answers, the raw marks obtained by a candidate will be converted to a normalized GATE Score.
Types of Questions in GATE 2017:
GATE 2017 would contain questions of two different types of various papers
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ): These carry 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections.
These questions are objective in nature, and each will have a choice of four answers, out of which the candidate has to mark the correct answer(s).
Numerical Answer Questions: These carry 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections.
For these questions the answer is a real number, to be entered by the candidate using the virtual keypad. No choices will be shown for this type of questions.
Selection Proces For GATE:
- Aspirants will have to apply to the individual institutes/universities as per the admission notification. However, IIT will not conduct a common counseling while admissions to the NITs are done through the CCMT (Centralized Counselling for M.Tech/M.Plan) process.
- Candidates who are qualified in the GATE exam have to apply online for CCMT.
Age Limit For GATE:
There is no upper limit age bar and the candidates are eligible only after their Bachelor Degree achievement. No age restriction is there in GATE Exam 2017.
GATE 2017 percentage required:
- The Percentage Score validity was 2 yrs from GATE 2017 onwards.
- The GATE score is also helpful for several Indian Public Sector units. By the computerized process ORS is evaluated, for it scanned machine is used and no re-evaluation is done.
- The validity of GATE 2017 score card is for 3 yrs. The relative performance level of the candidate is reflected by the GATE Score.
GATE 2017 Exam Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates with any of the following qualifications are eligible to appear in GATE.
- B.E / B.Tech
- B.Arch., B.Sc. (B.S./Research)
- M.Sc./M.A./MCA or equivalent
- M.Tech./Int. M.E.
- M.S, Professional Courses equivalent to B.E / B.Tech
Points To Be Noted For GATE:
- Candidates have to download the GATE admit card only through online as it will not be sent through the post.
- After downloading GATE admit card 2017, the candidate must carefully check all the entries made therein. In the case of any mismatch of details, the
- candidate must immediately contact the examination authority.
- Candidate must not change any entry made therein otherwise, they will be disqualified and their candidature will be canceled.
- Candidates must preserve their GATE admit card till completion of examination process as it will be required in the admission process.
Without the GATE 2017 admit card candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. It is essential to bring a valid ID proof along with the GATE admit card, otherwise, entry in the examination hall will be denied.
Any of the following ID proofs will be acceptable:
- Driving license
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar UID
- College ID
- Employee identification card
- Notarized affidavit with Photo, Signature, Date of Birth and Residential Address
For International candidates:
- Government issued ID/College ID/
- Employee ID issued by concerned authority
Steps to Download GATE 2017 Admit Card Online:
- Visit the GATE Official Website to download admit card/ hall ticket for GATE 2017 Exam.
- Enter Enrolment ID or Email Address and password.
- Enter the Captcha and Click on the Submit button.
- Click on Admit Card.
- Download and print the admit card (possibly take the color print and ensure the photo is clearly printed).
This page provides complete and clear information which will help you to get detailed information. Hope the information provided in this page is useful. Keep checking our website www.recruitmentsyllabus.com for regular updates