Recruitment Notification Highlights
- 1 Latest 13th May 2017 Current Affairs
- 1.1 NASA Detects Signs of Water in a Distant Neptune-Sized Planet
- 1.2 Justice Mukul Mudgal Elected Head of FIFA Governance Committee
- 1.3 Rajnath Singh Launches a New Mobile App for Paramilitary Forces to Lodge Grievances
- 1.4 International Nurses Day
- 1.5 Vinay Mohan Kwatra Appointed As Indian Ambassador to France
- 1.6 China Tests a Lunar Palace on Earth
- 1.7 India Test-Fires Spyder Missile
- 1.8 12th May Award And Appointments
Latest 13th May 2017 Current Affairs
Latest 13th May 2017 Current Affairs: Check Latest 13th May 2017 Current Affairs from this page. Competitors can Check daily current affairs to get a clear idea about Sports, News, Education, Science and Technology, Awareness, Indian and International Affairs. In this post, we are providing all the important topics related to the current affairs who are preparing for any competitive exams. Visit www.recruitmentsyllabus.com and check daily current affairs.
NASA Detects Signs of Water in a Distant Neptune-Sized Planet
Scientists using Nasa telescopes have detected “a strong water signature” in the atmosphere of a distant Neptune-sized planet, that could help understand more about the birth and development of planetary systems.
Justice Mukul Mudgal Elected Head of FIFA Governance Committee
On Friday Justice Mukul Mudgal elected as head of FIFA’s governance committee at the world football governing body’s 67th Congress in Bahrain’s capital city of Manama. Mudgal will take office for four years effective immediately.
Rajnath Singh Launches a New Mobile App for Paramilitary Forces to Lodge Grievances
On Thursday Union home minister Rajnath Singh launched a mobile phone app MHA Mobile Application to remain ‘just a click away’ from troopers of all central forces to address their grievances. All the Para Military Jawans will also be able to register their complaints and get the details about their pay, provident funds, and reputation among others.
International Nurses Day
Every Year International Nurses Day is celebrated on 12th May. Since 1965 the International Council of Nurses has celebrated. Nurse Day is celebrating on the birth anniversary of the Florence Nightingale. The theme of International Nurses Day is Nursing A voice to lead achieving the sustainable development goals.
Vinay Mohan Kwatra Appointed As Indian Ambassador to France
Vinay Mohan Kwatra who is currently working as a joint secretary in the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) has been appointed as India’s next ambassador to France. Kwatra will succeed Mohan Kumar who is due to retire soon.
China Tests a Lunar Palace on Earth
China has set up a 160-square-meter (1,720-square-foot) laboratory called as “Yuegong-1”, or “Lunar Palace” for simulating a lunar-like environment. Four Postgraduate students from the Beijing’s astronautics research university will live in the laboratory for up to 200 days to prepare for China’s long-term goal of putting humans on the moon.
India Test-Fires Spyder Missile
India, on Thursday, test fired a surface-to-air missile ‘Spyder’ from a test range in Odisha as part of missile launch practice of a series of tests of the short- range quick reaction. Speaking about the same an official told PTI that the trial was carried out for validating several parameters of the sophisticated weapon system to further fortify India’s air defense system.
12th May Award And Appointments
- Chandra Kochhar receives Woodrow Wilson Award
- Aruna Sundarajan appointed as Secretary Department of TeleCommunications
- Vinay Mohan Kwatra appointed as Indian Ambassador to France
- GST: Mahender Singh, RK Mahajan Appointed as New members of CBEC
- Laxman awarded MCC Honorary Life Membership
- Sony Pictures Networks awarded on Best Employers India Title.
- Harinder Rao Appointed GM of Eastern Railway.