Recruitment Notification Highlights
- 1 Latest 26th April 2017 Current Affairs
- 1.1 Today Current Affairs 26th April 2017
- 1.2 World Malaria Day
- 1.3 India is Now World’s fifth-largest Military Spender
- 1.4 Maharashtra Govt Signs MOU with Railways to Expand Green Cover
- 1.5 After Telangana, Bihar Becomes Second State to Pass GST Bill
- 1.6 India’s first Sea Ropeway to Link Mumbai and Elephanta Island
- 1.7 First Digital Village Inaugurated in Arunachal Pradesh
- 1.8 SBI, CREDAI ink MoU for Concessional Loan for Housing Projects
- 1.9 Cuba Morocco Reestablish Diplomatic Ties
- 1.10 Public Data Office (PDO) Technology
- 1.11 AIIMS Becomes India’s First Public Hospital For Eye Tumours
- 1.12 Today Sports News
- 1.13 Awards and Appointment Updates
Latest 26th April 2017 Current Affairs
Latest 26th April 2017 Current Affairs: Check latest 26th April 2017 current affairs from this post. Candidates who are preparing for any competitive exams can follow our website for time to time updates. Here we will help the aspirants by providing today’s current affairs. In this page, we are providing Latest 26th April 2017 Current Affairs. Current Affairs covers all topics like technology, employment news, entertainment, sports, business, politics, and education.
Today Current Affairs 26th April 2017
World Malaria Day
Every year World Malaria Day is observed globally on 25th of April. World Malaria Day is organized by WHO (World Health Organization). Around 400,000 people die every year from various strains of the disease, which is transmitted through the bite of a mosquito. World Malaria Day allows for multinational organizations, grassroots organizations and corporations globally to work together to bring awareness about malaria and advocate for policy changes.
India is Now World’s fifth-largest Military Spender
According to Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (Sipri), India has become world’s fifth-largest military spender spending at $55.9 billion in 2016. The US remains the world’s largest military followed by Russia, China, and Saudi Arabia. The other prominent spenders in the top 15 include South Korea, Japan, and Australia.
Maharashtra Govt Signs MOU with Railways to Expand Green Cover
In a bid to expand the green cover, the Maharashtra government recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Indian Railways, under which trees will be planted on the land adjacent to the railway tracks in the state. The government is committed to planting 4 crore trees on July 1, 2017.
After Telangana, Bihar Becomes Second State to Pass GST Bill
Bihar Legislative Council and Legislative Assembly on Monday unanimously adopted the Bihar Goods and along with Bihar Taxation (Amendment) Bill, 2017, Service Tax (GST) Bill, 2017, both by a voice vote, paving the way for a possible July 1 rollout of the GST, in the state.
India’s first Sea Ropeway to Link Mumbai and Elephanta Island
India’s first and longest ropeway is outlined to be constructed by the Mumbai Port Trust to link Mumbai with the famous Elephanta Island which is in the Arabian Sea. The 8-km ropeway will begin from Sewri in Mumbai’s east coast and end at Raigad district’s Elephanta Island, globally renowned for Elephanta Caves, a Unesco World Heritage site.
First Digital Village Inaugurated in Arunachal Pradesh
Nirjuli village – 1 in Papum Pare district is announced as the first digital village of Arunachal Pradesh. Digital village aims at cashless transactions even in sabji mandis to make payment through mobile. The state government also promised to promote V set linked customer service point (CSP) for digitalisation.
SBI, CREDAI ink MoU for Concessional Loan for Housing Projects
“SBI and CREDAI has made a MoU to do work towards the development of real estate sector for green housing projects this MoU will be for 3 years.
Cuba Morocco Reestablish Diplomatic Ties
The Cuban Foreign Ministry declared an announcement to reestablish diplomatic ties. Cuba and morocco have signed an agreement after a gap of 37 years. The opinion to re – establish diplomatic ties has been made a couple of weeks after King Mohammed’s private visit to Cuba.
Public Data Office (PDO) Technology
The public data office (PDO), developed by state-run C- DOT, can be installed at any neighborhood shop or even on push carts to provide low-cost Wi-Fi powered data packs to public. It creates WiFi hotspots using 2G, 3G, or 4G signals and connects up to 100 mobile.
AIIMS Becomes India’s First Public Hospital For Eye Tumours
The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) is intent to become India’s first public hospital for the treatment of eye tumors. Rajendra Prasad Centre for Opthalmic Sciences will treat children suffering from a type of cancer called Retinoblastoma and adults who suffer from melanoma.
Today Sports News
- Indian shot putter Manpreet Kaur bags Gold at Asian Grand Prix Meet in China
- Haryana emerges champion at National Youth Athletics Meet
Awards and Appointment Updates
- Kailash Satyarthi has given P.C. Chandra award
- Renowned Director and actor Kasinathuni Viswanath has won the Dadasaheb Phalke award for the year 2016.
- Himanta Biswa Sarma becomes interim BAI president
- Rajkummar Rao’s Newton Wins Jury Prize For Best Film at Hong Kong International Film Festival