Recruitment Notification Highlights
- 1 Latest 4th May 2017 Current Affairs
- 1.1 Ganga Swachhta Sankalp Divas
- 1.2 Shabana Azmi Movie Awarded at World Fest-Houston
- 1.3 Worlds Press Freedom Day
- 1.4 Madhya Pradesh First State to Shift Financial Year to Jan-Dec Format
- 1.5 Prime Minister inaugurates Patanjali Research Institute in Haridwar
- 1.6 SAIL the First Industry to Use Plasma Technology for Toxic Waste Disposal
- 1.7 India to clock 7.1% Economic Growth this Year, 7.5% in 2018 – by United Nations Report
- 1.8 Rajive Kaul Gets Diplomatic Service Award from South Korea
- 1.9 Indian Army Successfully Test-Fires Advanced Block-III Version of Brahmos Cruise Missile
- 1.10 Awards and Honours
- 1.11 Latest 4th May 2017 Sports News
Latest 4th May 2017 Current Affairs
Latest 4th May 2017 Current Affairs: 4th May 2017 Current Affairs are available in below section. Check day to day current affairs from our website www.recruitmentsyllabus.com. Given current affairs will be very useful for the aspirants who are preparing for any competitive exams. In this page, we covered all important topics like Education, Science, and Technology, News, Awareness, Sports, Indian and International Affairs.
Ganga Swachhta Sankalp Divas
National Mission on Clean Ganga (NMCG) will be observing Ganga Swachhta Sankalp Divas on May 02, 2017 at 12 locations, namely Allahabad, Sahibganj, Varanasi, Bithoor, Patna, Srinagar (Uttarakhand), Bhagalpur, Kolkata, Kanpur, Raj Ghat (Hardoi), Vidhur Kuti (Bijnor) and Devprayag. The event will also be organized at more than 30 other locations through Ganga Vichaar Manch, local NGOs, and volunteer support.
Shabana Azmi Movie Awarded at World Fest-Houston
Indian Actress Shabana Azmi and singer-poet Sainder Sartaaj awarded special Jury Remi Award for the Hollywood film The Black Prince in 50th annual Worldfest-Houston International Film Festival. The black prince is a historic film of the last king of Punjab – Maharajah Duleep Singh and his relationship with Queen Victoria.
Worlds Press Freedom Day
World Press Freedom Day will be celebrated globally on May 3. The theme of the year 2017 is “Critical Minds for Critical Times: Media’s role in advancing peaceful, just and inclusive societies”. World Press Freedom Day’s main event is held in Jakarta, Indonesia and is co-organised by UNESCO the government of Indonesia and press council of Indonesia.
Madhya Pradesh First State to Shift Financial Year to Jan-Dec Format
Madhya Pradesh today became the first state to announce shifting of its financial year format to January-December from the present April-March cycle. A decision to this effect was taken at the state cabinet meeting held here today.
Prime Minister inaugurates Patanjali Research Institute in Haridwar
On Wednesday Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Patanjali Research Institute in Haridwar, Uttarakhand. Not only India Patanjali products have a good market in abroad also. It is a Fast Growing and Fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) whose net sales for the financial year 2015-16 stood at Rs 5,000 crore.
SAIL the First Industry to Use Plasma Technology for Toxic Waste Disposal
Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) in collaboration with United Nations Development organization(UNDO) set up a management facility for the disposal of Hazardous Waste (Polychlorinated Biphenyl) by using Plasma Technology.
India to clock 7.1% Economic Growth this Year, 7.5% in 2018 – by United Nations Report
India is expected to gain 7.1 percent growth this year before edging up to 7.5 percent in 2018, according to a UN report, which warned that the country faces heightened risks related to the concentration of bad loans in the public sector banks.
Rajive Kaul Gets Diplomatic Service Award from South Korea
Chairman of Nicco group and past president of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Rajive Kaul conferred with the Order of Diplomatic Service Merit Sungnye Medal of the Republic of Korea for his services rendered as honorary consul general of South Korea in Kolkata.
Indian Army Successfully Test-Fires Advanced Block-III Version of Brahmos Cruise Missile
Indian Army, successfully test-fired an advanced version of the Brahmos land-attack cruise missile in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. The land to the land configuration of Brahmos block III version was launched from a Mobile autonomous Launcher (MAL). This was the fourth successive launch of the missile. India will also conduct the maiden test of Brahmos supersonic cruise missile’s air version soon.
Awards and Honours
- Sunil Chhetri Wins Hero of I-League 2016-2017 Award
- President Mukherjee to give way 64th National Film Award Today
Latest 4th May 2017 Sports News
- India lose to Australia in Azlan Shah Cup
- Following players got arjuna awards:
1) Jeje Lalpekhlua and goalkeeper (Footballer).
2) Oinam Bembem Devi (Footballer).
3) Gurpreet Sandhu (Goalkeeper).