Todays Current Affairs – 12th February 2018
Candidates who felt difficulty to gain the highest score in competitive exams they can practise 12th February 2018 Current Affairs. A lot of candidates are neglecting current affairs. So, that they didn’t score excellent marks in the various exams. At present days all the competitive exam questions are based on Current Affairs. All the candidates must prepare well in order to crack the exams. Our website recruitmentsyllabus.com provides daily current affairs quiz. Now all the candidates can go through the below section of the page and practise 12th February 2018 Current Affairs. Knowing the current affairs is very mandatory at present days.
1. Which state has been sanctioned the maximum number of 53,290 houses in the Central Government’s approval of constructing over 1.86 lakh more houses under PMAY Urban?
2. Central Government approves construction of over ____ lakh more houses under PMAY Urban.
a) 1.75 lakh
b) 1.92 lakh
c) 1.86 lakh
d) 1.64 lakh
3. Which country retains top spot as a source market for Dubai in 2017?
d) Saudi Arabia
4. The 23rd Olympic Winter Games officially kicked off with a colorful ceremony in _______________.
5. National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) appointed ____________ as non-executive chairman for two years with immediate effect.
a) Dilip Asbe
b) Biswamohan Mahapatra
c) Durgajeet Singh
d) Shashi Shankar
6. National Informatics Centre (NIC) has recently organized a three-day National Meet on Grassroot Informatics- VIVID 2018. The Theme for VIVID 2018 is
a) Cyber Secured Nation
b) Cyber Security- Our top Priority
c) Cyber Security and Innovation
d) Cyber Crime- a National Threat
7. Name the noted litterateur who was selected for Padma Shri award this year, passed away recently.
a) Chandrasekhar Rath
b) Kumar Sanjay Krishna
c) Paban Kumar Borthakur
d) Biswaranjan Samal
8. NITI Aayog has recently released a comprehensive Health Index report titled, “Healthy States, Progressive India”. According to the index, which of the following states ranked on top in terms of overall performance?
c) Tamil Nadu
d) All of the above
9. Who among the following has recently been appointed as non-executive chairman of National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)?
a) Biswamohan Mahapatra
b) Kailash Chand Samaria
c) Rajeev Chandra Joshi
d) B Kalyan Chakravarthy
10. According to Prime Minister’s Research Fellows scheme, how many meritorious students of B. Tech and M. Tech will get a fellowship in complete 3 years span time?
a) 1000 students
b) 2000 students
c) 3000 students
d) 4000 students
11. Mobile Democracy Vans have been deployed in which state to create voter awareness?
12. Among the Union Territories, which one faired the best in NITI Aayog’s ‘Healthy States, Progressive India’ report?
a) Andaman & Nicobar Islands
13. Which Indian Union Minister has been conferred the ‘Grand Collar of the State of Palestine’?
a) Arun Jaitley
b) Sushma Swaraj
c) Rajnath Singh
d) Narendra Modi
14. Who has been appointed as non-executive chairman of the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)?
a) Dilip Asbe
b) Biswamohan Mahapatra
c) Anil Gale
d) B Sambamurthy
15. Which committee has been constituted by the Union HRD Ministry to draft new National Education Policy (NEP)?
a) Ram Shanker Kureel committee
b) K Kasturirangan committee
c) V G S Rathore committee
d) KJ Alphonse committee
16. Chandrasekhar Rath has recently passed away. He is a/ an______.
d) Sitar Maestro
17. Direct tax collections grew by nearly _____ between April and January this year with strong growth in both corporate and personal income tax receipts.
18. Name the company that has set a Guinness world record with 1, 217 drones at 2018 Winter Olympic Games.
19. Which country has launched comprehensive security operation against terrorists?
20. Name the doyen of Odia literature who passed away recently at the age of 89?
a) Rohinton Mistry
b) Nayantara Sahgal
c) Chandrasekhar Rath
d) C. Narayana Reddy